Wednesday 11 February 2009

Explore Baja: policies


I was born in Baja some years ago. The love for this fascinating mix of desert and sea was soon cultivated in my soul.

The peninsula of Baja California is located towards the northwest of Mexico. It is a beatiful mix of desert, sea, cactus, fish, surf, sunsets, great food, nice and relaxed people, landscapes, and lots and lots of beaches.

My infancy was full of games by sandy beaches and crystal water. I learned to snorkel before I could swim properly. My father took me to the beach almost right after being born.

A complete army of cacti witnessed my first attemps to go fishing. Later, this activity became a regular practice every sunday or saturday. It took some practice before I was catching big fish and could invite my friends over for supper to show off my fish, but it was always fun to be with my line by a great sea or on a boat.

In secundary school I could cook my own grilled fish, clams, octopus and great "fish tacos". The cooking book that I followed was written by ordinary people who shared their cooking sea food secrets with me. I had my first "serious" girlfriend by my side walking along the seafront "malecon" enjoying some "aguas frescas" and the sunset of La Paz Bay.

My highschool time was great! I could go to the beach and cool down in the water during summer or enjoy the great night life in La Paz or Cabo. I was doing camping all the time and bought my first boat. It was an inflatable boat but oh well, everything has a begining.

The bright sun of the Baja desert burnt a great love for my region and country. I am trying now to share all the great things I learnt and lived in Baja. Many friends have asked me how this great place is, now that I live abroad. For all of them, here it is this blog. Enjoy, travel, fish, surf, camp, explore and love Baja, Mexico.

Here you will find suggestions, news, stories and many more things about this great "island" between the waters of the gulf of California or Sea of Cortez and the pacific ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment